Monday, September 19, 2011

Prayer for Emotional Healing


I came across this prayer when I experienced a bend on our road. These were the times when I felt completely helpless, times when the pain was too much to contain.


PRAYER FOR EMOTIONAL HEALING

Loving Father, 
I come before You with faith 
in Your promise 
that whatever I ask for in Your name 
You will grant to me if it is for the good 
of my soul and in accordance 
with Your Divine Will.

I come trusting in Your great love for me 
and believing that only You 
know what is best for me.
I come to You now to ask 
that You enter my heart 
and heal all my wounded emotions.

You know me better than I know myself.
Bring Your healing love 
into every corner of my heart 
and release all the buried 
negative emotions inside 
that have not been resolved 
and continue to cause 
me pain and anguish.

Remove all unhealed hurts 
and painful memories 
that block the flow of Your graces, 
robbing me of Your peace, love and joy.

Heal all feelings of sadness, loneliness, 
fear and anxiety.
Heal all guilt, despair, 
feelings of betrayal and rejection.
Heal all feelings of anger, hatred, 
resentment and bitterness.

Bring Your healing love to all my emotions 
that have caused me feelings 
of hopelessness, discouragement, 
helplessness and despair.

Grant me the grace to forgive all those 
who caused these negative 
emotions and likewise to be forgiven 
by those to whom I have done the same harm.

O Lord, give me a repentant heart, 
forgive me for my sins 
and failures, and be merciful to me.
Help me to realize the blessings 
that resulted from each painful experience 
and how this has led me closer to You.

As You release from me 
all these painful emotions, 
fill all empty spaces 
with Your love, Your peace, Your joy 
and the powerful presence 
of Your Holy Spirit.
After I have been healed, 
may my life be a witness 
to Your power and glory 
and may I reach out to others, too.

All these I pray in Jesus’ name 
through Mary and all the angels 
and saints. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment