Monday, September 5, 2011

My Devotions to St. Pio Chapel



I first heard about Padre Pio at sometime in 2009 when my grand mother was sick but I never got the chance to visit the chapel. I have read numerous testimonials about the powerful intercession of St. Pio including that of tv personalities Christine Bersola and Julius Babao.
I encouraged my husband that we should visit the place and we were able for the first time in May 2010. That was the beginning of my devotions to Padre Pio.
The chapel is right at the middle of the the buzzling city of Libis in Quezon City but anyone who has gone to the shrine would attest the solemnity and peacefulness of the surroundings. The facade of the chapel was inspired by the chapel of the Church of Our Lady of Grace in San Rotondo, Italy and it is surrounded by lush trees, a prayer garden and an aviary.
Every time I'm at the middle of an emotional battle, I always seek refuge in St. Pio's shrine as it is really a place of solace and meditation.
In return for the graces that St. Pio has been giving me that I decided to put up this blog so anyone who needs spiritual guidance and intercession would be blessed just as Padre Pio is continually blessing and guiding me.


No comments:

Post a Comment