Sunday, September 25, 2011

God's Message for Today

We went to Padre Pio's shrine today to attend Sunday mass. I am recovering from a problem which my husband and I recently face and so I ask God to help me discern his message for me. During the homily, the priest mentioned about the word metanoia. The word itself has so many meanings: in thelogy it means repentance, in rhetoric it means correction and in psychology it means healing. I knew right there and then that all these meanings are directed to me.
I had asked the Lord for his message to me, what he wants me to do with my situation and its pretty clear to me that I need to repent and forgive myself and not be disappointed with the decision I made. I need to correct the ill feelings I had been carrying since that day happened and I have to ask and seek the Lord to heal and cleanse me.
This incident also made me realize of the things I have which I know I have taken for granted--my family. I have to find happiness in the small things I have and learn to cherish the. I need to re-assess my motivation of why I want to work abroad--is it really because I want to gain experience or is it because of my pride as I want to prove myself to other people? We both have stable jobs and a well-off life but why did I not see this and I yearned for more?
It dawned on me, I never asked help from God. I forgot to pray at night and I never went to mass when life was easy for me. I think God gave this bend on my road to let me know that I still need Him, that HE is still God.
Now, I will live my life one day at a time, with each day showing appreciation to the Lord and his blessings-big or small. I will try everyday to reform and be contented. I swear to always say my prayers in the morning and at night and for thank him for everything-be a blessing or a problem. I also promise to attend Sunday masses from now on.
I thank PAdre Pio for interceding for me, for bringing me God's message.
Truly, God in his own time, will answer our heart's desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment