Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Of Dreams and God's Dreams

I reconnected yesterday with my grade school classmate and friend and learned of the seemingly common experiences we are having. The simple conversation via chat on Facebook turned out to be a way for God to express His messages for the two of us.
I am happy to know how this blog inspires other people and I fervently hope I can reach out to more readers and make believers out of them. Let me share an affirmation which I am blessed to received.

ALL FOR THE WRONG REASONS

It was also through my conversation with Ate Aya (as we would fondly call her way back our elementary days) which led me to Bo Sanchez's God's Dream. I read the book and truly, it was an eye opener.  I came to realize that most of my dreams were dreamt out of trivial reasons: wanting to buy a house, wanting to buy myself a car even my dream of working abroad. I believe I came to realize that t wasn't God's dream for me yet to work abroad because I wanted it all for the wrong reasons.
As I wrote down my dreams and began assessing them, I came to realize that I wanted to work abroad just because I wanted to experience it, because I wanted more compensation, because I wanted to travel more, because I wanted to experience shipping balik bayan boxes home and because I wanted to prove myself to other people. What I failed to do was to connect that dream to what I do best. I believed in that dream. I acted to make it happen but my desire was not fuelled so strongly enough.

GOD MADE ME ANSWER MY QUESTIONS

The book made me answer all the questions I had been asking God. Why did He let this happen?
Simple, I was not as prepared as I thought I had been to work abroad. My intentions were good but it was not my soul dream. That dream lacked passion, deeper meaning and it lacked commitment from me. God saw that those motivations will not help me grow as a person; those motivations distracted me from what I love to do: TEACH. That dream of having to work abroad only made teaching as my means of fulfilling it...but clearly the drive of that dream first and foremost should have been BECAUSE I WANTED TO TEACH.

THE DREAMER NEEDS TO GROW UP

It was a bitter pill to swallow-I need to grow up. When I celebrated my 30th birthday, I said my life is yet to get even better (referring to our supposed plan to work abroad which was supposedly a week after my 30th birthday). We were not able to leave and work abroad but my life is even better.
I was time for me to grow up and learn to appreciate and nurture what I have before dreaming of things which I only want. I need to start connecting my dreams to what I do best and to God. When we dream of God's dream for us, everything else will fall into place.


WHAT WAS LEFT ON  MY LIST

Be a licensed teacher.  I should have know that God was calling me into this vocation. Over the years, I have tried to enroll in a CTP programs but I let other things get in the way so it was never fulfilled. After I wrote down my dreams, most of them seemed to have easily faded, but one thing was left- the dream of becoming a licensed teacher.

This is my SOUL DREAM. 

God has been dreaming this for me, but I was just too proud to dream along. God has been calling me, but I was looking at another direction.


I would like to quote a message from the book:

"I believe that when we fulfil our Divine destiny, all of creationconspires to bless us, assist us, equip us, and provide for us.
This has been my experience.
Focus on Soul Dreams — and the bigger the better. Stretch!
Expand! And believe that this is the reason why you were born.
And everything you need will come rolling down at your feet in
submission.
Opportunities. Friends. Connections. Wisdom. Money.
They will come."



I have enrolled myself to DLSU graduate school for a special course on Management of ESL/EFL Classes and this coming academic year 2012-2013, I will be taking my Professional Teaching Certificate from UP Open University.

I pray that the Lord will dream with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment