Monday, October 10, 2011

Inspirational Quotes

History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
--B. C. Forbes

We must believe in ourselves or no one else will believe in us; we must match our aspirations with the competence, courage and determination to succeed.
--Rosalyn Sussman Yalow US medical physicist

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
--Vincent Van Gogh

Not one of us knows what effect his life produces, and what he gives to others; that is hidden from us and must remain so, though we are often allowed to see some little fraction of it, so that we may not lose courage. The way in which power works is a mystery.
--Albert Schweitzer (01/14/1875-1965)

Courage is not the lack of fear. It is acting in spite of it.
--Mark Twain

Every great work, every big accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement, comes apparent failure and discouragement.
--Florence Scovel Shinn

Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
--Mary Tyler Moore

I will not be discouraged by failure; I will not be elated by success.
--Joseph B. Lightfoot Author Nationalities, Politician Quotes

If I read or listened to critics of our music, I'd have been discouraged a long time ago.
--Graham Nash British, Musician Quotes

I have become down-hearted, I have become discouraged, I have become depressed. I'm just like you. I'm a human being and I have my problems.
--Dyan Cannon American, Actress Quotes

I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
--Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE

Don't be discouraged if your children reject your advice. Years later they will offer it to their own offspring.
--Source Unknown

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working.
--Source Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment